Sunday 14 October 2012

The first project


This is one of my final images for the first project this year...
The project was about editorial illustration for an article, which was about problem of educational system for students with disability. The article says when a student with disability goes to a college, it is difficult for him and his family to find the way to keep same level of support as they got in previous school. The government tries to offer support, however it's too complicated to understand clearly. Education for students with disability is like the cliff edge for them, and once their education ended, it is very hard to find further pathway. 
My idea was: a student isolated in the sea, wanting to go back to the main land but doesn't know how...
In the second image, I drew someone trying to save him, reaching out his arm form a boat. I liked the idea of a piece of ice floating in the middle of the sea, but it was really really hard to make it visually good. I am not very happy with the result, to be honest. Tatiana, my class mate, told me my problem is that I never know when to finish drawing and eventually over do it. I think she is right!! To make it simple is more difficult than to make it too much.... My drawings on worksheets looked much better than "finished" image. The second image was worse. Because I did not practice compared to the first one, it simply looked "unfinished"...


No comments:

Post a Comment